If you need a good swift kick in the pants to remember that life is short, this episode is for you. Today’s guest, Bradley Sea, has more than 15 years of experience in the finance industry, but after his first taste of helping somebody buy a home back in 2011, he followed his passion into mortgage lending. He is now a mortgage broker with his own a mortgage broker business who takes an educational and consultative approach to helping clients navigate their way through the home financing process. In just a year and a half of business, Brad has achieved astounding success. In addition to helping an impressive number of clients, he has also scaled quickly and helped 12 people find employment. A large catalyst in Brad’s success was the moment in his life when he was diagnosed with stage four cancer and given just six months to live. Tuning in, you’ll head how this event helped transform Brad into everything he’s become, how he approaches time differently from other people, and how he still manages to stop and smell the roses. You’ll find out how Brad built the foundation of his current success and how coaching helped him through the process. Brad experienced some of the most transformative growth of any of Goodman Coaching’s clients, so tune in today for this inspirational and potentially life-changing conversation!
Key Points From This Episode:
– An introduction to Brad Sea and the astounding success he has had in just a year and a half of business.
– The defining moment that Brad had when he was told that he had six months to live.
– How this event helped transform him into everything he has become.
– Brad’s words of advice to anyone in the ugliness of their growth right now.
– How Brad approaches time differently from other people and how he takes time to stop and smell the roses in the midst of his massive growth.
– Brad’s journey from 400 hours of chemo to being wildly successful.
– How Brad built the foundation of his current success in the early days.
– How he shifted from being focused on the money to being focused on helping people.
– Why you should challenge your money programming and why it’s okay to want to be wealthy.
– The moments in Chris and Brad’s coaching sessions where Brad grew the most.
– How Brad learned to put his happiness first and some of the results he saw from this.
– Insight into Brad’s personal life as he spent eight years working his way into mortgages.
– Some of the very big life changes Brad made when he finally started putting himself first.
– Thoughts on choosing between freedom and security.
– The exercise that Brad did with Chris that made a huge difference in his dating life.
– The biggest shifts in Brad’s identity and his confidence in himself.
– What Brad gained from his coaching experience and the value of accountability.
– Brad’s best advice to business owners!
“From the very beginning I never thought I was going to die, it wasn’t my time, I was too young and I was having too much fun. That was not an option.” — Brad Sea [0:11:19]
“The work-life balance, I’m not going to lie, it does become challenging, but I know that the time I spend on the business now, is time I’m going to get back later.” — Brad Sea [0:17:12]
“I made some very very big life changes and life decisions when I finally started putting myself first.” — Brad Sea [0:29:12]
“I think a lot of people overthink it. I think you just have to dive in and figure it out as you go.” — Brad Sea [0:41:14]
“I think another thing that really helps me is I don’t think I’m ever going to be as good as I think I can be so I’m always chasing that person. I’m always chasing what I think I can be and maybe one day I’ll catch it, but I continue to move that post forward every day.” — Brad Sea [0:41:51]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Keep up with us on social media: