Not all of us are ultramarathon athletes, extreme sports enthusiasts, or adrenaline junkies. And we don’t need to be, to learn the same life lessons taught in these intense scenarios. In today’s episode, we find out how hanging onto a chain 1500 feet off the ground taught everyman Chris Goodman three essential life lessons, and how you can apply them to your own life. Over the course of a retreat to Zion National Park, Chris climbed a mountain, hiked a canyon, and raced an ATV over the desert. Tune in to find out how each of these experiences taught Chris that he is stronger, can go further and faster than he thought. While these eye-opening experiences are unique, the perspective gained from them applies to all aspects of life; you simply need a guide to push you. When a coach goes faster, you keep up. Discover how Chris leaned into the chaos, and what this can do for you. He breaks down conditioning yourself to believe in yourself and advises on getting out of living life in the slow lane. Whether it’s your physical, emotional, or professional metaphorical gas tank that feels empty, there are ways to dig deep and succeed; you only have to go all in. Don’t miss out on exploring your potential in this exciting episode!
Key Points From This Episode:
– An introduction to what Chris has been up to in the last two weeks.
– Book now for the upcoming 4-month group on personal and professional growth!
– How a retreat in Zion National Park gave Chris a new perspective.
– Life lessons learned from Chris’ own coaches.
– Find out how you can control disempowering thoughts and anxiety.
– How to identify situations in your life that you are avoiding.
– Why it’s important to be honest with yourself.
– How to apply lessons learned in one scenario to all aspects of your life.
– Climbing a literal mountain: how Chris found out he’s stronger than he thought he was.
– Why you can always push yourself to go further.
– Learn to go faster: how racing ATVs changed Chris’s perspective.
– From organizing your house and life to relationships, and business; why you can benefit from a guide.
“It’s impossible to separate ourselves as the business owner from who we bring back into the business.” — Chris Goodman [0:14:43]
“I want you to realize, you’re stronger than you think.” — Chris Goodman [0:07:23]
“The greatest experiences in life — and business — are reserved for those of us who are willing to put in the work.” — Chris Goodman [0:08:48]
“You are not going to grow staying comfortable and staying right about everything you are right about in your life right now.” — Chris Goodman [0:10:00]
“The truth is, like any good coach, I’m looking for lessons and looking for ways to learn and grow while I’m out there.” — Chris Goodman [0:16:12]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Follow me on social media: