They say it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in any particular field. Now consider 40,000 hours: anyone with that much experience in one thing is bound to be devastatingly excellent at it! With over 40,000 hours of coaching and training experience, today’s guest, Pat Mancuso, is a bottomless pit of knowledge, information, and expert advice on how to survive as a business leader. To add to his coaching expertise, Pat has more than 35 years of experience as an entrepreneur, and all of this comes together in a formidable man who was able to grow a company from zero to 1 billion dollars in sales in only four years! Fueled by the deep flavors of Heaven’s Door Double Barrel Whiskey, we begin this insightful conversation with Pat describing his coaching style and what it takes to become a great mentor and advisor. Then, we examine why some are comfortable in discomfort whilst others aren’t, why leaders should be willing to receive constructive feedback, why having a coach is for everyone, and the ins and outs of what it takes to make the right hires. We also explore what you need to run a successful restaurant, how to know when to stay or leave your job, Pat’s fin-in-the-blank answers, and why “I Can’t Believe He Said That” is the perfect way to describe today’s remarkable guest.
Key Points From This Episode:
– A warm welcome back to the show to our good friend, Pat Mancuso.
– Today we are trying Bob Dylan’s preferred brand of bourbon, Heaven’s Door.
– Pat describes his style of coaching and explains what it takes to be a great coach.
– His take on why some people are willing to lean into discomfort more than others.
– Why leaders need to care more about openly receiving honest feedback from staff members.
– Exploring why every type of person can benefit from receiving some level of coaching.
– The way Pat determines the ROI of his coaching endeavors.
– How hiring the wrong person can cost a business four to five times that employee’s salary.
– The dos and don’ts for hiring the right personnel.
– How to know whether you should stay in your current job or leave.
– Why Pat’s hypothetical book on leadership would be titled, The Leadership Light Switch.
– It’s Not About You, his favorite coaching resources, and his ideal drinking partner.
– I Can’t Believe He Said That: the Pat Mancuso cocktail.
– Our guest explains the work that he’s doing with businesses around tax and tax recovery.
– Everything you need to know before working with Pat.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Keep up with us on social media: